>>Head back to all blog posts
1/2/2017 - Our Favorite Builds from 2017
This past year was full of amazing builds from people all over the world! We've selected a list of the top 10 custom creations from 2017 that really captured the essence of what is we do here at SJC Custom Drums. Check all of them out in the gallery below and comment on what YOUR favorite is!
- Imagine Dragons "Evolve" Kit - Mahogany shells with a custom UV painted finish that glows under black lights!
- Tré Cool's RevRad Kit - Maple shells with a custom printed "RevRad" finish right over the wood!
- Lance Internicola's Barbershop Snare - Featuring a seafoam pearl and zebrawood barbershop finish with 2 massive vents and a 20ply construction, this snare is one of our favorites for sure!
- Jared Toro's Psychadelic Rainbow Kit - Completely custom printed stain rainbow finish over the maple shells with a hi-gloss; absolutely stunning!
- Scott Mikami's Tiffany Blue Kit - This was a shop favorite for sure... hi-gloss Tiffany blue painted finish with natural kick hoops and satin chrome hardware! Unreal combination!
- Paul Canty's Clear Acrylic Kit - Old-school looks and sizes with a MASSIVE kick drum and shallow toms! The off-set brass hardware and mirror brass kick hoops tie everything together!
- Mike Melander's Floral Snare - Mike wanted a custom floral scene and our designer Emily created a totally unique scene with Mike's chosen flowers. The rose gold hardware brings everything together so nicely!
- VANS Kit - It's always been a dream of Mike Ciprari's to work with VANS! This past year we had the chance to make multiple VANS kits with the checkered finish and even used rubber from the shoes for the kick hoop inlays!
- Anthony Galvan's Venice Snare - Anthony wanted a custom Venice, CA scene on a snare and Emily was able to make his dream come to life. The entire shell is a connected scene of Venice Beach with some subtle SJC touches throughout!
- Josh Manuel's Headspace Kit - With custom peacock artwork created by our own Emily, this mahogany kit featured a printed finish over white stained wood and antique brass hardware. One of our favorites of all time!
Want to start designing the drums of your dreams? Visit our Custom Orders page to being your journey with us and we’ll bring your ideas to life! https://www.sjcdrums.com/pages/custom-orders